Saturday, September 24, 2011

New Job

So just to let everyone know I have taken a new job.  Let me preface this by saying that the job is not a permanent job, and I may find myself back at the Reagan Library in a few months.  So anyway about the job, it is a long-term sub job at Apollo High School, the continuation school here in Simi.  I teach 3 classes of US History and 3 classes of Government.  I started there on Wednesday, I was only able to give the Reagan Library one day of notice, as I only knew about it on Monday.  I am not yet sure how I feel about the job, the students, or the school, thus far it has been a little challenging, but not impossible.  Change is Always Scary! I guess I am one of those people that is always going to have unusual jobs. The nice thing about the job is that it will allow me to keep teaching Seminary, as school does not start until 8:45.  Thus far, Seminary has been nice, the students do talk a bit, but nothing unusual.  For those still wondering I was  in the audience for the Debate but did not stay for the whole thing (I had to be at an assigned location to help move people to the reception).  I heard some people say they saw me on Hardball as we were setting up both the day of the Debate and the day before.  I guess I should have recorded it so I could have seen myself.  But, maybe it is a good thing, I might only have been disappointed in how I looked.  More maybe I would have decided I needed to go into TV after that. :-)

2 comments:

Liz said...

WAHOO! I am so glad you are getting the teaching experience. That is really exciting. Though I can imagine it IS a challenge, teaching students that don't really love school.

KMJ said...

Glad you posted again!