Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010

Happy New Year!!!! So yes, it has been a while, but let’s face a few facts here, how regularly do I do this even when I'm not busy? So . . . hopefully as you as you hear about my last several months you will excuse my absences. In the middle of December I finished my final semester of student teaching - yes this means I am done and after all the paperwork is done I will have my credential. FINALLY!! I did my student teaching at Simi High School, which was a little strange for me as I graduated from there about 15 years ago (and yes a few of my old teachers are still there). But after a while I was so grateful for being there because 1 - I knew the campus and could get around and 2 - I was so close my commute was about 3.5 minutes and at 7 a.m. that is a huge bonus. I taught 4 - 10th grade classes and 2 - 11th grade classes (modern world and US history). I really had a good time and am finding that I miss my students. During the student teaching we had a few fun (yes about 30-40 pages typed, and one included a 20 min video of me teaching my class) tests to do for the state, they were way fun and I think at one point I was hallucinating and made brownies and then forgot to eat them until a few days later. But, halleluiah I passed them all and finished all my classes with a 4.0 (yes this is me bragging a little [ok a lot, it has taken a year and a half after all]). After the semester ended Christmas started and I got to spend two weeks lying around and if you ask mom and dad that is exactly what I did. But I did have some fun times with Jeff's boys as they came down for the holidays; and yes if you have heard the rumors I did take the Dan, Will, and Sarah to see the Princess and the Frog and as we sat down at the start of the movie I dumped a whole tub of popcorn on the poor girl seated in front of me. So now my klutziness and ability to spill food on myself on a daily basis has reach proportions where I am also spilling on innocent bystanders. Now that the Christmas break has ended I have started to work again over at the Reagan Library, only this time I working exclusively as an Educator in the AFO Discovery Center with field trip groups. I work part-time and spend the rest of the time trying to find places to send my resume that is constantly needing more work to be presentable. Well, hope all is well for you and that you are able to find joy this year and hopefully I will be more on the ball this year and get more posts on a regular basis.

5 comments:

Liz said...

FINALLY - Marguerite - how funny about he popcorn! Did your face turn bright red??? Mine would have for sure - hey at least she went away smelly yummy, right? Cudos to you on the 4.0 - you deserve to brag!!!! I still think a celebration trip to Eastern Europe is in order - say Warsaw for example.

KMJ said...

Margie, yay a post. You just forgot to say how much fun you had with me over the holidays! Come on Catch Phrase at my parent's was the highlight for you I know. Thanks for being a fun auntie. Your laugh is contagious and you are so kind to answer all of Daniel's movie questions! I enjoyed going to the gym with you too. I wish we could go together everyday! And congrats on the 4.0.....I didn't know or I would have told you in person. I could tell by the way you talked about your classes, saggy pants and all, that you enjoyed teaching. I hope you find a great job teaching soon. Love ya. Kristin

KMJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KMJ said...

Oh yes, and please don't be quite so MYSTIFYING this year ok? And I want to go to Mary Poppins with you guys. BAD

Kerri said...

Awesome Marg. Congratulations. Good luck on finding a job. Love, Kerri