Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Life Was a Little to Cushy!

So as you may imagine now that school has ended and as I am only working part-time I planned to have fairly relaxed and peaceful time for the next few months. BUT ALAS (a little foreshadowing)! So for the past year I have had one of the cushiest callings in the church, Relief Society Teacher, as the ward has four of us it means that I teach about once every 5 to 8 weeks dependent on the circumstances (I have not taught since November). But I still aspire to the best calling in the ward which is of course assistant librarian, I mean come on you leave class early and arrive late (have to unlock and lock the door), everybody comes through so you can talk to everyone, and no work the rest of the week. As the assistant it also means no real responsibility. I figure this will not come to me until I am elderly, but remain ever hopeful. So I guess the Lord decided my life was a little too comfortable and decided to force me to work. As of next week I will be the new SEMINARY teacher for the 11th graders!!!!!!!! OH DEAR. Well, at least I know that as long as I prepare to the best of my ability for every lesson He will ensure it turns out okay. So as I am already a slacker when it comes to my posts don’t be to surprised when they are as sporadic as last year.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Lucky you! You'll do great in seminary.

Liz said...

Wahoo - how fun!!! Except for the getting up at a ridiculous hour part - that is not so fun. I am really happy for you and know that Jon will be jealous. You will do such a great job.

KMJ said...

That's wonderful Marguerite. I am certain you will do a great job and really enjoy it. Jeff will be jealous too! (I'm not, I don't understand this loving to teach thing.) :-)

I am soo happy for you!

KMJ said...

This calling is more of a reason to blog often this year, not an excuse to blog less!